Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A humbling Experience

Just back from a trip to New York City to celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful time and saw and did many awesome things. That city is really electric. I can see why they call it, "the city that never sleeps."

I would highly recommend getting away for a weekend with your hubby even if it's just overnight at a hotel in town. It is really good for the soul.

One thing that struck me while I was in the city was the sheer number of people that were in that small amount of space. I have known for a long time that there are billions of people in the world, but it never really hit me how many people that really is until I saw so many people in one place.

It is really humbling to think about how small I am to the world, but how important I am to God. I am amazed by that everyday and I am even more amazed by it now.

The other thing that was really cool was to look and take in the creativity with which God creates us. No two alike! In six billion people. I'm not even counting those who have gone before. I am just awed by that.

Anyway, I guess in this rambling I am trying to say, embrace what you are, love who you are. The most creative of artists sculpted you. The only changes or creative licenses any of us should make are the ones that transform us more into the likeness of the masterpiece Himself, Jesus.

No comments: