Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What Our Children See

Last night, at our Summer Music and Arts Camp at our church, my daughter's group learned a song entitled, "There is No One in the World Like Jesus."

The director told us that when the song was over, my daughter, Taylor said, "My daddy's like Jesus."

When I asked her later why she said her daddy was like Jesus, she said, "because he has a beard and because he's nice and 'cause he says 'I love you'."

This struck me because of how important it is that we can model Christ in our lives for our children. They can see Jesus in us, and understand that we are striving to be more like Him in our hearts and our actions. We teach our children by our actions everyday where our hearts are and who we are like. Our daughter has decided that her daddy is like Jesus.

I am so thankful that my husband models Christ-like behavior for our daughter. I am thankful to have a godly head for my family. I love him with all my heart and I thank God for him and his leadership of our family. This is priceless

No comments: