Friday, September 18, 2009

From the Mouths of Babes

I should not be amazed at this point by the things kids can teach adults, if we are willing to accept their instruction....

Tuesday morning, I was brushing my daughter Taylor's hair, getting her ready to go to school for the day. For anyone who does not know, she is 7 years old. (This will add to the way God humbled me through this incident seeing as I am almost five times her age.)

I was discussing something on the phone while brushing her hair, trying to make a decision on how I should handle a situation in my life. The right thing to do in this situation was obvious. But, since I was struggling up to this point, it was not as obvious to me.

As I was stating what I wanted to do, and what I knew I should do, my daughter said, "Mommy, wisdom is knowing the right thing to do, and doing it."

God, speaking through my child, and some other very trust-worthy friends, set into motion a course of events that freed me that day from something I had been burdened with for years.

Just know that it's awesome.

No comments: