Friday, December 12, 2008

Where Oh Where Has the Little Time Gone?

Ok, so we've all heard the saying time flies when you are having fun many times. But, I sit here today, about to go and purchase a birthday gift for my youngest daughter who will turn 2 this coming Monday.
This is flooring me.
I savored each kick and hiccup during every one of my pregnancies.
From the first ultrasound to the moment the baby was born, and the doctor pronounced, "It's a girl," to now, when I am looking at my youngest, my little Sammie-P, running and talking and laughing and making new discoveries each moment as I type this, I can truly say time flies when you are having fun. Each bittersweet moment of this ride has been fun. I am also fully aware that we have only just begun this journey. Since our oldest, Taylor is only seven, I know that there are many joys, trials, ups and downs yet to come. But, as I ask where has the little time gone, I can truly say that I have savored each moment. I can say that I will savor each moment to come. Every hug, every kiss, every afternoon in the back yard playing hide-n-seek, they are all fleeting. They are all precious. As I look backward and forward, I am thankful. I am thankful for each beautiful moment that Earle, Taylor, Christopher and Samantha have brought into my life. I thank God for blessing me with you guys, and I could never ask for anything more.

No comments: